October 23, 2018¶
Default to 100 backlinks
Some matches may return an extremely large number of backlinks. To keep results manageable, we have added a default limit of 100 backlinks per match. This limit can be modified or removed using the backlink_limit argument to the search call.
Results to the search call can now be restricted to only stock sites or collections sites using the tag filter argument, or to a single domain using the domain filter argument.
March 19th, 2017¶
Use of HMAC-SHA256 for signing
In keeping with secure authentication practices, we have moved to the HMAC-SHA256 algorithm for API request signing. We will continue to accept HMAC-SHA1 signed requests until December 1st, 2017 to allow time for clients to update their code.
If a match result comes from a domain associated with stock or collection images, this is shown in the tags list returned from the search call. This replaces the contributor flag which was less specific and less flexible.
The stats dictionary has been updated with more data about the search response. The total_backlinks, total_contributors and total_results fields were moved to the stats section and the total_contributors field was split into total_collection and total_stock.
The remaining_searches method now returns information on all non-expired search bundles with remaining searches instead of only the active bundle. The total_remaining_searches field counts all the searches you have remaining.
New domain field
We added a domain field to the search results so you won’t need to do all that awful parsing (ugh!) of backlink URLs to get the website we found an image on.
A number (0 to 100) that indicates how closely the search and matched images match each other.
June 10th, 2015¶
- New TinEye Commercial API design.
- Search page updated with image collection domain filter.
October 7th, 2014¶
- Added TinEye Commercial API Release notes page.
- The API Sandbox endpoint has been moved from https://api.tineye.com/sandbox/ to https://api.tineye.com/rest/.
September 23th, 2014¶
- Changed HTTP status codes from 500 to 400 for requests that are either missing parameters or are erroneous (e.g. Query image is too simple, or a string is provided instead of an integer).